Intentions

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 Umm Khadeejah 4 Comments

Bismillah.

TWENTY days from now, marks my first year as a first-time mother. A year since I gave birth to my darling, precious (and sometimes unnerving) little girl whom I still can't believe is already turning one very soon. It seems like it was just yesterday that my water broke and began my 33-hour labour/marathon, but that's a story for another day.

I've been meaning to write or blog for a long time but really seriously considered it when I realised I was using my instagram account as a blog and writing way-too-long captions that were probably annoying to some and I found myself still wanting to express more. I think I just really needed an outlet just because... well, being a full-time WAHM (work at home mum) can kinda drive you nuts.


Don't get me wrong, I love being at home with my baby. Alhamdulillah. I'm a home-y person anyway and always have been. Even before I got married my ideal weekend was just chillin' at home all day in my jammies. I get to do that now except there's not much chillin' and a lot more sweatin'. I'm not gonna go into the details of what my daily routine is (maybe in another post?) but you get the gist. It's hard work. Being a mum is hard. I never imagined it to be but I've accepted it and I'm in it for the ride. Let's just du'aa that I do it right and inshaAllah raise some good human beings shall we? Ameen

So back to writing. When I told my husband I wanted to start a blog, he asked me what my intentions were. Which is a good question and one that everyone should ask themselves before starting anything. Besides, that is what is taught by our Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (SAW):

Actions are based on intention.

'Umar b. al-Khattab narrated that the Prophet (S) said: 

Deeds are [a result] only of the intentions [of the actor], and an individual is [rewarded] only according to that which he intends. Therefore, whosoever has emigrated for the sake of Allah and His messenger, then his emigration was for Allah and His messenger. Whosoever emigrated for the sake of worldly gain, or a woman [whom he desires] to marry, then his emigration is for the sake of that which [moved him] to emigrate." Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim.

With that, InshaAllah, my intention for writing this blog is not only a means of expression or outlet for myself but also to share my experiences that could possibly help other mothers out there who may be going through similar situations or share the same emotions/feelings as I do. As women, we tend to look out or seek for stories and sisters we can relate to. I guess it helps us to validate whatever emotion we are dealing with. Personally it has helped me tremendously by reading articles or blogs and understanding what it is I'm going through from other people's experiences. Hope I could pay it forward with my musings. :)

Happy reading and Assalamualaikum!

4 comments :

  1. Yaaaaaaaay! So happy you started a blog Elly! I'm going to be checking for updates regularly in sha ALLAH. Yes it is beneficial it does help all mommies out here.
    Also I couldn't agree more with your statement about "not expecting motherhood to be this hard" :p
    But AlhamduliLLAH indeed it is an amazing blessing :)

    -Mubina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww! Tak sabarnya waiting for the updates >.<

    ReplyDelete